Saturday, January 31, 2009

Bianca

5 Bleecker St

For TheStageManager’s last night in New York City, I took him and TexasThespian to a Lower East Side eatery named Bianca, a tiny Italian restaurant family owned and operated. It was my second time to the restaurant establishment, but I knew they had reasonable prices and delicious food.
TheStageManager ordered mushrooms with Ricotta cheese as an appetizer. The mushrooms were cooked to perfection, and it was served with a side of salad greens. For entrees, I had the ricotta ravioli with sage and butter. TheStageManager ordered the lasagna. TexasThespian opted to stick with appetizers as he had eaten a couple hours earlier. I loved my dish, but TheStageManager said his was lacking in flavor, something I cannot confirm or deny as it is made with meat sauce. For dessert, we ordered the chocolate mousse pie, another pure delight that my taste buds repeatedly thanked me for.

The space is small, so the wait can be long to get a table. All entrées are priced near $15. The restaurant may feel cramped (or cozy depending on what kind of mood you are in).

Bianca is one of my favorite places to eat in the city. I cannot stress how much I love this place; I know I will enjoy my meal and not cut up my credit card when I get home, especially since the place is cash only. I recommend running to the eatery as soon as possible. Do not let the long wait be a determent; there is a bar next door and the host will come get you once your table is ready.

DAMAGE ~ $75 (cash only)
VERDICT: GO NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment