Friday, January 23, 2009

Beard Papa’s

5 Carmine St.

Oh...my…Cream Puff! What a lovely little delight you are! The tiny Japanese Bakery called Beard Papa’s, located in the heart of Greenwich Village, specializes in cream puffs and also features a couple other delicious goodies, including a Fondant Au Chocolate, which you heat in the oven until the chocolate in the center is melted. I ordered one of these and one original vanilla custard filled cream puff. Both lived up to my expectations. The chocolate fondant was amazing, especially for the cheap price, and the cream puff was light with a flaky outside and a creamy center.

Beard Papa’s features a different cream puff flavor each week, ranging from Earl Grey Tea to Strawberry. Their website cites them as the “World’s Best Cream Puffs.” I cannot testify the truth of this statement (as I am not well versed in cream puffery), but they were damn good. My mouth is watering just thinking about them.

DAMAGE ~ $4.75
VERDICT: GO NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment