Wednesday, January 21, 2009

KGB Bar

85 E 4th St. KGB Bar & Literary Journal is a place true to my own heart. The small space features a bar on the second floor and a theater on the third. There are a handful of tables available for sitting and the walls are covered with portraits of dead, important novelists and poets.

I hit up the East Village dive bar on a frigid Friday evening around 11pm, meeting up with a couple of my writer friends. I bought one drink for under $10, cheap by Manhattan standards. We stayed for a couple hours, enjoying lively conversation and watching several bar patrons suck the face off their significant others.

Had I done my undergrad at NYU, I could see KGB being a favorite spot following a midterm or for a cheap theatre show (tickets for whatever was showing upstairs on Friday night were $8). Since I did not do my undergrad at NYU, KGB Bar will remain an option in the future for a literary reading, as they host authors nightly before 9pm.


DAMAGE ~ $8
VERDICT: Go

No comments:

Post a Comment