Thursday, May 21, 2009

Ost Cafe

441 E 12th St (corner of Avenue A)

Ost Cafe, located in the East Village on the edge of Alphabet City, easily falls into my top five coffee shops in the city.

NYLawStudent and I stopped in for a late afternoon/early evening coffee on a Friday. I had a large mocha and a cookie sandwich cemented together with Nutella. NYLawStudent opted for an iced coffee.

Everything was perfect and delish. I expected the cookies to be hard and stale given the time of day. In fact they were the opposite; soft without being crumbly and ideal for coffee dipping. The coffee was smooth and allowed me to forgive myself for passing on Abraço’s coffee (don’t give me that look…they don’t have chairs and I didn’t feel like standing).

Perhaps the true selling point of Ost Cafe is the atmosphere. With large windows and ample natural light, it has that open airy feel of quaint European cafes. Its location away from the larger avenues of 1st and 2nd is perfect for catching up with friends or enjoying a latte with a good read. They offer free WiFi during the week.


DAMAGE ~$7.50
VERDICT: Go

No comments:

Post a Comment