Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Chocolate Room

86 5th Ave, Park Slope, B’lynDid someone say chocolate?

InterSportsWriter did, so ISW, CanseoTaris, and I ventured to Park Slope’s The Chocolate Room following dinner in Williamsburg one Saturday evening.

After a short but excruciating wait (no reservations accepted), we were seated at a table for 3 and proceeded to pour over the vast menu.

CanseoTaris, still full from dinner, ordered a small scoop of Sorbet Valrhona Chocolate Ice Cream.

Meanwhile, the true chocoholics at the table, InterSportsWriter and I, split the following:

Black Bottom Butterscotch Custard

Brownie Sundae w/ Hazelnut Ice Cream

Chocolate 3-Layer Cake

CanseoTaris’ ice cream was very tasty, but the butterscotch custard blew everything else away. It featured a thin layer of chocolate syrup on the bottom, and I just couldn’t get enough. It was so good that I hardly remember the other 2 desserts. However, I do recollect the cake being slightly on the dry side and us being unable to finish it. I don’t recall the brownie sundae at all. Not sure if that’s good or bad…I blame the custard.

If you live in Park Slope, you probably frequent this place often. If you don’t and are now considering subletting your apartment to move within walking distance from this chocolate fortress, just remember they also have a location in Cobble Hill.

I felt absolutely no qualms fueling my addiction to chocolate because I was surrounded by a room full of like-minded souls. Thus, until I figure out a way to sponsor myself a trip to Belgium for “research,” Park Slope’s The Chocolate Room will have to suffice.


DAMAGE ~$55
VERDICT: Go

1 comment:

  1. OMG from my bed now all the way around the globe (Singapore), I wish I could get myself back to NY this instant GAH!!!!!!!!

    Thanks for making me hungry while random blogsurfing. Good night.

    ReplyDelete