Sunday, May 17, 2009

Bread Tribeca

301 Church St (b/w Walker St & White St)

A 24-hr visit to New York City is not complete without the staple Sunday Brunch. For this reason, I insisted CanseoTaris and I feast at the prime Brunch hour of 1pm, several hours before she had to catch a flight back to Texas.

We ended up at Bread Tribeca, not to be confused with Bread off Spring Street. Despite not having reservations on Mother’s Day, we were seated immediately. I ordered a latte; my companion asked for a chocolate potion of deliciousness…more on this later.

For the meals, CanseoTaris ordered a salmon dish, while I had their specialty for the day, the virgin frittata w/ goat cheese, arugula, and tomato. It was one of the only items on the menu I could order.

The frittata was good but not spectacular—is there such a thing when it comes to frittatas? CanseoTaris really enjoyed her dish. The side salad that came with the frittata was a nice touch to finish off the meal.

Looking back, I should have brought a tape recorder to remember exactly what CanseoTaris ordered to drink. Her request was vague, “I’d like something cold with chocolate.” The server completely understood and returned with something light, cold, and chocolaty. It was the perfect drink on a gorgeous Spring day.

The space was open and airy, reminding me of Montreal cafes. Service was on the slow side. I can’t say whether I’ll be back due to the limited Brunch menu, but I will never forget that amazing chocolate drink.


DAMAGE ~$54
VERDICT: Pass

No comments:

Post a Comment