Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Lounge 47

47-10 Vernon Blvd, Long Island City

Holiday drinks were had at Lounge 47 located in Long Island City. Following my weekly writer’s meeting in the area, two other writers and myself trekked over to the lounge around 9:45p.m. Tuesday evening. The dimly lit lounge was about ¾ full off and on throughout the night. We sat in a corner booth.

The décor is your typical average semi-nice lounge décor with shapes and patterns used as artwork. Lounge 47 also featured an outdoor patio but was closed due to the cold weather. The inside space seats about 40-50 people, with several large round booths for bigger parties. The menu is heavily influenced by international cuisine.

I started with the chocolate martini and ordered a bowl of lentil soup. Both were good, but nothing special. My taste buds felt the soup was lacking in flavor, resulting in the addition of several teaspoons of salt. After the martini, I had a Tom Collins (my current cocktail of choice) to balance out the sweetness of the chocolate. The other writers ordered three beers and two vodka tonics. A bar patron offered shots of Jameson for the entire place. I passed as I still had to commute back to Manhattan.

Lounge 47 is a nice addition for the Long Island City community. Cocktails range in price from $7-10. I hear the Wasabi Deviled Eggs are a delight as well, something I look forward to check out in the near future. My advice is to go if in area and looking for a nice spot to enjoy a few cocktails and/or food.


DAMAGE~$65 (including my $6.50 soup + tip)

VERDICT: GO IF IN AREA & HUNGRY/THIRSTY

No comments:

Post a Comment