Sunday, December 28, 2008

Heartland Brewery

35 Union Sq West

Saturday night, I met up with my cousin at Heartland Brewery in Union Square. Him and 15 of his buddies were in town for the evening from Connecticut. The place was two levels. We had the upper left side to ourselves. The place felt unusually loud, and it took a while to get my first beer, a specialty wheat beer they have called Raspberry Blonde. This could be due to the sheer size of our table as well.

The beers ranged in price from $6.50-$14.00 depending on kind and size of glass (they offered a 23 oz glass). The Raspberry Blonde had a semi-not-too-sweet taste to it. Despite the fact I am not a beer drinker, I liked it. My second beer was a lager beer flavored with lime, also very good.

The waitress was friendly. Nearly everyone ordered appetizers and entrees. The final bill for the table came out to $788 (tip included). I managed some seasoned french fries from my cousin and mashed potatoes from Sir Fancy Pants; the fries were cold and the mashed potatoes were lumpy. The atmosphere was unimpressive. I felt more like I was in a Chili’s rather than a brewery.


DAMAGE ~$16
VERDICT: Go if looking for a different beer selection

No comments:

Post a Comment